Our medical clinic is staffed with a highly skilled interdisciplinary team so that family physicians, nurse practitioners, nurses, outreach workers, social workers, dietitians and others can collaborate to provide medical services to registered clients. Working together, this team responds to factors that impact the health and wellbeing of clients. They make sure their clients receive the best possible care, at the right time, in the right place.
The Primary Care clinic periodically accepts new clients who are seeking a primary care provider. To be eligible, clients must:
- be a resident in Centretown, Old Ottawa South or the Glebe.
- not already have a family physician or nurse practitioner.
- have Ontario Health Insurance (OHIP) coverage.
Please contact Health Care Connect online or at 1-800-445-1822 to register. They will help you find a family physician. Whenever Primary Care opens the wait list, Health Care Connect will refer those registered.
Appointments & Questions
Calls accepted starting at 8:45 am during the week 613-233-4697
Monday to Wednesday - 8:30 AM – 8:00 PM
Thursday - 1:00 PM – 5:00 PM
Friday - 8:30 AM – 4:00 PM
Medical Clinic Walk-In
Monday to Friday 1:00 PM – 4:00 PM
Registered medical client can walk-in to see a nurse practitioner or a family physician. They have access to all clients' medical records. First come, first served.
When the clinic is closed, we have a physician on call to help our registered medical clients with urgent matters.
Medical emergencies: Got to a hospital emergency department or call 9-1-1.
Out of Province Clients
Please note that effective October 2016 Centretown Community Health Centre is no longer able to provide primary care services to clients who move out of province. We face challenges providing quality care to those who live out of province, and also Community Health Centres are funded to serve those residing in Ontario only.
If a client moves out of province we will provide them with six months of care during the transition period while they are looking to find a new health care provider. We will not be in a position to provide them with further medical services beyond six months from the date they move out of Ontario.
We urge clients to obtain another primary health care provider in their new province as soon as possible. With the client’s consent, we will be pleased to provide their new health care provider with a summary of the client’s medical records.
The Québec Family Doctor Finder is now online at www.gamf.gouv.qc.ca.
Obstetrical Care - Flu Shots - Needle Exchange & Safe Inhalation - Smoking Cessation - Chiropody - Urban Outreach - Gay Zone - Newcomer Clinic -Trans Health
Services by Schedule
Next Event Tuesday 4 April, 09:30
In partnership with Ottawa Public Health. For everyone in the Ottawa area.
Dental health info and fluoride varnish applications. Now offering denture cleaning. All ages welcome. Drop in.
Monthly | First Tuesday of every month
9:30 am — 12:30 pm
1:30 pm — 4:00 pm
Services by Appointment
Free in-home services for seniors provided by a Registered Nurse and a Community Health Worker. Services offered:
- Help with medication review
- Chronic illness management
- Provide accompaniments to medical appointments as appropriate
- Assist with documentation completion
- Provide home safety assessments
- Administer cognitive screenings
- Help get a Primary Care Provider
- Help in system navigation
- Provide case management
- Link clients to supportive community programs
- Help access housing support services
If someone you know meets any of the criteria below, refer them to Primary Care Outreach today!
- Is over 65 years of age
- Lives alone or is isolated
- Little support network (friends/family)
- At risk of eviction/ financial barriers
- Suffers from chronic illness/ pain
- Recent visits to Emergency Department
- Readmission to hospital within 30 days of discharge
- Recent change in memory/ cognition
- Falls in the last 3 months
- Recent changes in mood/ behaviour
- New medical diagnosis within the last 3 months
- Weight loss +10 lbs in less than 2 months
- "No Shows" for medical appointments
- Concerns of general safety/ abuse
How to Refer a Client:
Referral forms are available at: www.seochc.on.ca. Fax completed referral form to Central Intake at: 613-739-8196.
For more information please call 1-844-726-5115.